Repinning....Can I pullease get more responses?

Avery Todd avery1@houston.rr.com
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:19:55 -0500

Matthew,

Since no one else has answered....... :-)

At 04:43 PM 9/13/05, you wrote:
>I will be undergoing a repinning project on a client's grand.  The
>"G" Piano Works guide says it takes 4 hours.  Is it appropiate to do
>this project in the client's home, or do I need to take the action
>with me and do it in the shop?

Personally, I'd take it to the shop. Otherwise how are you going to
keep all those little
"ends" you clip off from being all over the customers rug? :-)
Besides, I have a workbench there, etc. and if I'm doing an entire
set, I also use the long pinning wires which I think would be
difficult to do in a customers home. MO.

>If I take the action with me, that brings up another question.  If
>it's raining, how do you all prepare and protect the grand action??

Well, if it's raining, schedule another day. :-) Just kidding. Just
do as someone else suggested, keep a piece of plastic of some kind in
your vehicle and cover the action with that while you're putting it
into your vehicle!

Avery