New Tuning Hammer

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:36:47 -0600

Sheech, Michael, Why do you continue to do it the hard way <GGG>
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Michael Gamble=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 9:17 AM
  Subject: FW: New Tuning Hammer

  =20

-----

  From: Michael Gamble [mailto:michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk]=20
  Sent: 14 September 2005 15:16
  To: 'Susan Kline'
  Subject: RE: New Tuning Hammer

  =20

  Hello Susan and List

  I only use levers on uprights (verticals) on all pianos that =
lie-down-flat I use a 'T' hammer. I have a whole bunch of those for =
square pianos 'cos some of the squares are dated late 1700's when the =
tuning pins were hand made and no two were of the same dimension! Great =
fun!, Most en-joy-a-ble! I agree they can be a back pain - particularly =
when the pins are right at one end (the bass end) in a bunch. I am left =
handed, you see, so quite a bit of cross-hand-boogie is required!  Some =
have their pins along the spine then I have to find some antique chair =
to open the top lid on to. For this is usually in a museum and =
frequently there are visitors hanging around asking questions..=20

  Regards from sunny Sussex

  Michael=20

  =20

-----