Tuning Hammers, How Many?

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:48:05 -0500

I, too, use a luggage cart for hauling my stuff whenever I'm making more =
of a trip than from the driveway to the house.  I wheeled around =
Illinois Wesleyan University for 5 1/2 years.  In fact, I have three =
different carts that I use (I don't keep them all in my car), depending =
on the job and how much I have to haul--I'm really good at loading them. =
 I started using a luggage cart my 2nd year in business when I won the =
local school district contract and started servicing a lot of churches =
(which equaled a fair distance from car to piano).  Especially in cases =
like those, I don't want to be running back to my car unless it can't be =
helped. For one thing, I feel (that's just me now!) like it's wasting my =
time, and the other, I don't like leaving my tools =
unattended--especially in schools, etc.

Barbara Richmond, RPT

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Michael Gamble" <michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk>
To: "'Barbara Richmond'" <piano57@insightbb.com>; "'Pianotech'"=20
<pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:11 PM
Subject: RE: Tuning Hammers, How Many?

Hello Barbara
I bought one of those folding luggage trolleys - the type you put =
suit-cases
on - from a "luggage shop". Using "shock-cords" I secure a largish =
camera
bag in place and in its compartments I keep screws, bitz of actions, a =
saw
(that was VERY useful the other day) odd tools like wire benders and key
crunchers etc. Plus a few APSCO cans of the most commonly broken =
strings.
With wheels attached the weight doesn't matter. It lives in my car
throughout the week. My other slim attach=E9 case has the important =
tuning and
repair tools also the various glues spare ivories and felts. This is how =
my
portable kit has evolved over the last 30+ years on the road.
Regards from a darkening Sussex Village
Michael G.(UK)