O.T. - "Do Not Call List"/US Gov.

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:28:53 -0700

At 01:35 AM 9/14/2005 -0500, Alan wrote:
>What's REALLY scary is that they are about to release cell phone numbers
>to the telebastards.

I think one could make a very good case for a class action suit if they
start spamming cell phones. People PAY FOR those minutes they are using up.
I also think that the response to being interrupted no matter where one is
or what one is doing with a commercial message will be so incendiary that
it will give even these idiots pause.

Also -- is help on the way? Peak Oil -- economic collapse, etc. Business
Not As Usual During Alterations. First, a frantic gasping effort to draw in
more business, which will fail because everybody will be short of cash,
then more and more big business bankruptcies, already starting with GM and
the older airlines, then less and less national marketing? If the big
international companies are out of business, they surely won't be
soliciting anymore, from Bangalore or anywhere else. Well, it doesn't hurt
to look for a silver lining. Traffic congestion should also improve,
eventually.

Susan