Tuning Hammers....How Many?

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:50:16 +0100

Hey Joe! You got my kit!

Michael G.(UK)

  _____

From: Joe Garrett [mailto:joegarrett@earthlink.net]
Sent: 16 September 2005 02:57
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Tuning Hammers....How Many?

I must be the odd one here.<G> (of course, I am.) I carry two Tuning Levers
in my Tuning Kit.One, is a standard extension Hale tuning Lever, that I use
for most jobs. With that I have several tip/head combinations. Also a light
weight Ford Extension Lever, fitted with a Thin Wall Tip. I have Two in my
Gorilla Kit. One is the Hale Speed Hammer for those REALLY Tight tuning pin
beasts. The other is a Shortie for getting into really "tight" tuning
situations, or just giving my clients a "giggle".<G> And I have a special
kit, which I call my Antiques Kit, which has Seven different Tuning
Levers/Hammers, all of which are special, authentic Antique Hammers with all
kinds of weird tips/heads configurations. Lastly, I have my "converted"
"Student Hammer", that is in my Stringing Kit. It is light and has many
different one piece head/tip combinations. Oh, I forgot....I have a tool bag
under the seat with a bare minimum for when I forget my Tuning Kit. Or I'm
at a concert and the piano needs touching up and THE tuner is no where to be
found. :-(

I guess that covers it.<G>

Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.