Back Check Leather Clamps

Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:06:37 +0100

Wish I=92d thought of thatparticular modification to the elegant wooden
expensive spring clamp, Joe! So much easier to get that olde leather off =
if
the hammers can be extracted, though.

I just sawed off the bevelled ends of my clothes pegs and made a bunch =
of
mini wood blocks to use as a pressure plate. Another famous dodge is the =
use
of =93draughtsmans clips=94 as used on drawing boards =96 indeed as used =
to keep
table cloths in place in an outside caf=E9 in Riva del Garda=85! I found =
source of outsized wooden sprung clothes pegs which have proved =
immensely
useful. Same as the usual ones but gauge 2 instead of gauge 0 (in model
railway parlance!).

Regards

Michael G.(UK)=20

=20