Squeeky damper tray

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:27:27 -0500

Thanks, Dean.  Do you remember how the damper tray was attached to the back
action rail?  It looks like it can be removed without pulling the dampers.

Paul C

Subject: RE: Squeeky damper tray

Hi Paul

I remember running across this problem on a YC, I just don't remember
clearly how I solved it. I am thinking it was simply loose screws. I think
it was the part of the flange that screwed to the tray, the screws were
slightly loose and that was causing the noise. If you can't reach those with
an offset screwdriver then of course you must remove all the dampers and
take the tray assembly out to tighten things up.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802

Subject: Squeeky damper tray

List Members:

A Young Chang G175 has a squeak in the damper tray.  All the moving parts of
the sustain feature in the piano were eliminated until the tray.  Before
disassembly, I thought I'd seek the wisdom of the list to learn if anyone
has encountered this problem, and what was done to solve it.  It sure sounds
like the groaning squeak you hear from tight cloth bushings against a metal
pin.

Paul C