Impact hammers was RE: Tuning Hammers.....How Many?

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:07:16 -0700

One thing you might consider about impact hammers is that in the past they
have tended to be quite heavy.  One nice thing about the Faulk is probably
how light they are and, for those of us whose shoulders are starting to act
up, the reduced weight is probably a benefit especially when moving the
hammer from pin to pin.  The additional weight required for impact hammers
that I have seen would nullify that benefit.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of J Patrick Draine
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:51 AM
To: ilvey@sbcglobal.net; Pianotech
Subject: Re: Tuning Hammers.....How Many?

I've got a Mehaffey style impact hammer (purchased many moons ago); I
am verging on ordering one of Reyburn's <http://www.reyburn.com/
cyberhammer.html>, but have been holding off on the purchase,
waffling over the purchase price of the deluxe model. Anyone have one
of these, or tried one out at a convention?
Patrick Draine