Impact hammers was RE: Tuning Hammers.....How Many?

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:20:57 -0700

True, but even the deluxe model at 15 ounces is significantly more than many
of the Faulk hammers at 9-10 ounces.  The less expensive Reyburn IL is about
18 ounces or almost double the weight.  Something to consider if you are
changing hammers because of the weight.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Farrell
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 9:06 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Impact hammers was RE: Tuning Hammers.....How Many?

That's also supposed to be one of the main features of the new Reyburn
impact lever - minimal weight (for an impact lever anyway) - supposedly
significantly less weight than others - their deluxe model weighs 428 grams,

15.1 ounces total weight,  and has USA/Japan tuning thread/tip (titanium
alloy shank and head, stainless steel extension, bronze weight).
.
Terry Farrell