Impact hammers was RE: Tuning Hammers.....How Many?

Terry Beckingham beckt@mts.net
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:22:31 -0500

I have the intermediate priced Cyber Hammer from Reyburn, It has the
titanium shaft, but a steel head. I found that the standard weight (5 oz)
was not heavy enough to move really tight tuning pins. It had to be flung
over so hard that it just bounced back in the opposite direction. Dean sent
me a heavier weight (7 oz) which works much better. I still do not have the
technique mastered, but it works fairly well on pitch raises.

Terry Beckingham RPT