Accurate cutting of felt

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:04:58 -0700

Michael, The Archaic asked: "Anyone got any bright ideas on how to cut =
cloth (or felt) in really parallel
strips and at a specific width for use on damper backing? The original =
was
indeed cloth, not felt, the weave is plain to see at the sides. I have a
"roller" type knife, one of those rubbery green mats (a large one) =
marked
out in small squares, and a long straight-edge used for key-levelling. =
The
problem is to stop the felt from shifting under the knife! (don't we =
all?)"
Regards
Michael,
The "trick" is to have a straight egde with sandpaper glued to it! This =
will eliminate the "squirming" while you use your Olfa Cutter.
Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I