Wurzen "Crescendo" front rail punchings

Jurgen Goering pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:09:32 -0700

The Crescendo front rail punchings are in stock.  The Wurzen Crescendo
balance rail punchings have been on order for a while.  I was hoping to
take delivery last week, now I am expecting them this week.  With
customs, increased "security" and all the other factors that come into
play in trans-continental shipping, shipments for Europe can get here
in as little as two weeks or can take over five weeks.  (We are talking
air mail!)

I have a few samples of back rail felt strips.  In my opinion, it is a
bit too firm and would possibly be a source of noise as the keys slap
down on it.  Wurzen can make the felt in any reasonable thickness and
density, but there is always the hurdle of minimum factory run sizes,
etc.  But I'm working on that and there will be new felt products for
pianos coming out in the future.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
http://www.pianofortesupply.com

On Sep 18, 2005, Andrew Anderson wrote:

> Talked with him last week while making and order.  He's getting the
> center rail punchings in "soon".  He didn't mention the back rail
> felt.
>
> Andrew
> At 09:54 AM 9/18/2005, you wrote:
>> Looking on that pianosupply house you suggested I see they also have
>> these
>> punchings of Andre's. I wonder if they know about Andre's other
>> punchings -
>> the Wurzen balance rail punchings? (and the Wurzen back rail touch
>> felt...!)
>> I have all these now on my S&S 'A'
>> Regards
>> Michael G.(UK)