Impact hammers

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:24:58 -0700

This is why I want a impact with a small throw from side to side (I thi=
nk).   I have been using my tuning hammer impact style with very little=
 throw, i.e what ever amount of slop within the tip/tuning pin connecti=
on and I can tune this way...kind of interesting and why I'm beginning =
to have some interest in a impact lever.   I agree with Terry...tuning =
lever is a better term.
David I.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Kurta
To: Pianotech
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:59 AM
Subject: Impact hammers

    Hey Folks:
    Clue me in on impact hammers.  I used one on trial and was frustrat=
ed, finding it difficult to make fine back-and-forth movements in the p=
ins.  Moving in one direction was fine, but to go back the other way I =
had to first take up the slack in the head to reverse direction.  Am I =
to understand that one doesn't make tiny, slow pull changes but instead=
 uses the impact feature exclusively?  Otherwise it seemed that the wid=
e movement of the handle was cumbersome and difficult to overcome.
    Mike Kurta