YC expanding brackets

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:41:20 -0500

I've done one of these. I had to chisel out a little wood for the new
end brackets to fit down into the well. Some screw holes needed plugged
and redrilled. Strike point needed reset. I think I spent about 5 hours.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Farrell
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 12:53 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: YC expanding brackets

I find that the $250 to $300 that YC is willing to reimburse is about
right
for just the replacement of the brackets. But don't forget that the
action
is going to need quite a bit of regulating after the installation of the
new
brackets. My practice is to tell the piano owner that it will also
likely
need a full action regulation, and if they are lucky, something a bit
short
of that. So brackets + regulation.

Terry Farrell