bridle straps

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:55:32 -0600

Hummmmm,
Action upside down, Lay a bead of glue, Install pre cut tapes?
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Gullion=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 6:29 PM
  Subject: Re: bridle straps

  Do you remove the hammers, and clamp the tapes, or just hold for a few =
seconds, in place. I get a lot of these, and am looking for better ways.

  Stephen Grattan <lostchordclinic@ameritech.net> wrote:=20
    Hi,

    We glue them to the dowel right at the butt with Titebond or hot =
hide glue.  About 1/4" area of glue, press the tape in and let it dry =
well.  We probably do 2500 bridle tapes a year this way with very few =
failures.

    Steve Grattan
    Lost Chord Clinic

    David Ilvedson <ilvey@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
      Lists,

      I going to install bridle straps on a Steinway upright. No catcher =
hole for cork so I'm using the plain bridle straps. Schaff informed me =
that the tacks are not available anymore. How do you guys and gals =
attach the bridle straps to the catcher dowel?

      David I.