Bridal strap cutting jig

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:18:31 +0100

Hello David & List
Having first removed all the hammer assemblies I put each one in turn with
the catcher felt down so that I can file a prepared surface for gluing. Next
dab a blob of glue on that surface and "puddle" the cut end of the new strap
into it and leave to dry. I dare say that Steinway incorporates the original
strap into the same hole as the catcher shank but over the years I've sound
it doesn't make any difference where it's put. Just guillotine all the
straps at once - in batches of five for easy tallying. I made a small block
into which I drove a centre pin and lined up the straps on it. Using a knife
on a pre-measures mark on that jig they all get cut the same length.
Regards
Michael G.(UK)

Download Photoshop(R) Album 2.0 Starter Edition free to create your own
photo slideshows!
http://www.adobe.com/getstarteredition

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: l1010763.jpg