Back pack tool case ideas?

Brad Smith staff@smithpiano.com
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:55:55 -0400

David I. asked: why a backpack tool kit?

David, You had to ask!! :-)
Very large Briggs upright came down a slightly too steep ramp, bounced and fell on it's back and onto me.
I scrambled out of the way, but sadly one of my feet could not get out it time. "Save yourself!!", the foot seemed to say.
And BOOM. Had to pull the leg/foot out from under the piano quickly, causing a lovely laceration.
Broke a couple of small bones, and has swollen up like a Frankenstein foot. I'll post pictures if you like. :o)
(One hasty decision to not use my very safe, complete ramp system, and just go for it myself.)
Superhero thinking at it's finest....ahhh.
It was a piano disposal job, and no other animals or vegetables where harmed in the process.

The lady came outside and saw the piano on the lawn, and me writhing in pain.
She says, "Everything ok?"
"Yaaahhh", I managed to squeak out.  "Just stabilizing the piano before I load it onto the truck".
"Ok", she says, "let me know if you need anything, and you are taking the old piano bench too, right?".
"Uhnnnkkk", I think I said.

Ignoring the screaming foot, I had to jack the piano up far enough so that I could lift it back onto it's feet.
Then, back onto the 6-wheel dolly, for the trip across the lawn.
Finally got it into the truck, (using my power winch), got paid, pulled out onto the street, and let out a SCREAM!

Very humbling, even more than golf.

Here are the backpack tool kits suggested so far, Thanks! to all who posted:

Jensen Backpack      Tool Case  $139
http://www.jensentools.com/product/group.asp?parent_id=4995

C.H. Ellis      Backpack Tool Case $114
http://www.mytoolstore.com/howe/695.html

Duluth Trading   Master Series Tool Backpack $29.99
http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/65234.asp

ToolPak Backpack Tool Case http://www.toolpak.com/
Found at Tecra Tools for $90
http://www.tecratools.com/pages/assorted/toolbags.html