Knabe stencil

David B. Stang stangdave@voyager.net
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:11:52 -0400

Friends,
I have a 1900 Knabe 6'4 grand I intend to rebuild sometime within the
decade, whose stencil on the soundboard is almost obliterated. Anybody
know what it may have said ?? I have attached a photo. All I can make
out is that it says "Wm Knabe & Co." across the top, then, I think, the
word "GOLD", then 2 more lines of text, then the serial # at the bottom.
(Luckily I have the the serial # since it also appeared on the keybed,
48340).
thanks !

David B. Stang
Columbus Ohio