Business Insurance

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:42:34 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/2005 8:08:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
skline@peak.org writes:

At 03:55  AM 9/20/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>I had State Farm for business insurance  for quite a few years, until they
>informed me about 4 years ago that  they were no longer writing policies
>for small businesses like  ours.  I have been with Zurich since
>then.  Trouble is,  State Farm was about $200/yr.  Zurich is $500/yr.  I
>have  not had any luck finding a cheaper alternative.
>
>Mark  Potter

They've always been economical for me, too, and I never had  any trouble
with claims. The problem is, after Katrina (now possibly  compounded by
Rita) any national insurance company will have such a  crushing load of
claims that all rates will probably have to go through  the roof. Not their
fault.

Susan

Not to mention they'll take a long time to process.  I have a towing  claim
in right now--wife's car's timing chain slipped and ate some valves.   I think
it will be a while more yet before I see a check for that.  But  it's a really
minor inconvenience compared to what many people are going  through.

A real test of the company's quality will be how well they proces the  claims
of the truly needy.

Dave Stahl