Chrome versus Nickel plated tuning pins

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:42:00 -0500

Jurgen Goering wrote:

> Ron N. -
> I love the catalog excerpt! It reminds me of the chinese to english
> translations of imported appliances...
> Was APSCO based on a dairy farm or where did they get their
> inspiration?? <g>

Hi Jurgen,
Not that I know of. They made about a billion fasteners of various
sorts for the recreational vehicle industry through the years (may
still), and everyone who's spent time in RVs knows about flies. In
any case, that's what we grew up (such as we have) knowing the
tuning pins as. Says so right there on the box.

> As for the Ecsaine, I am waiting to hear back from the good folk there.
> The samples I received looked very promising. Whether or not I can stock
> it will come down to factors such as cost, minimum order size, etc. If
> it turns out to be more expensive than buckskin, I'll have to think long
> and hard about it.
>
> Jurgen Goering

Yea, it will be more expensive than buckskin, but more uniform too.
Please post likely prices before committing to an order to see if
it's going to scare everyone off.

Thanks,
Ron N