Nicholson File

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:08:07 +0100

-----Original Message-----
Matthew - are you going to be left with vast gaps between the keys if you
trim the width? Or are the original keys narrower than normal? (what is
normal?)
Michael G.(UK)
From: David Love [mailto:davidlovepianos@comcast.net]
Sent: 21 September 2005 04:00
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Nicholson File

Safer for the keys, I mean.  If you set up the router on a router table with
a jig to feed the keys, it's quite safe for the fingers and very fast too
without having to watch to be sure you're not sanding off wood.  You can cut
the notch quite cleanly as well.  Clean things up with a file when you're
done either way.  You do have to be careful of those key lead indentations
though.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net