B 458198, string deflections

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 07:52:45 -0500

> Is epoxy a no-go because it won't set up in the presence of CA?  Is it
> redundant?

The CA already occupies the wood pores the epoxy would have gotten a
grip on. There's now no place for epoxy to go that will help. I see
nothing wrong with having used CA here, incidentally.

> Does CA achieve the same hardness as epoxy?

Moot point, in this case.

>If the rear pin
> is not migrating, and the cracks are not widening, there will be no
> effect upon tone or tuning.  Under such circumstances, the remaining
> question is whether there is some, or enough inequality in the net side
> bearing to generate the sorts of conditions Ron suggested:

Yes, that is the question. Unfortunately, there's no definitive
answer that I'm aware of.

  Ron N