Key Clamps

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:05:02 -0600

Hi Michael,
Nor have we if enough glue is used and the keys clamped together after =
the glue has dried over night and held tight for a second.=20
I have been applying the coat to the key stick and allowing it to dry, =
and then applying glue to the top and apply to each key top sepertly, =
and while the glue is still wet, puting it on the key stick.
This allows for small changes in the position of the key top on the =
stick.
When one sets the key aside you do need to let the front ( front and top =
molded key ) hang over the side of the bench. DAMHIK
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Michael Gamble=20
  To: 'Matthew Todd' ; pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:23 AM
  Subject: RE: Key Clamps

  Hello Matthew T and List

  It all depends on the glue you use as to whether clamps are required =
or not. I have been flakked for using "Impact Adhesive" glue from =
"Bostik" (google that) for attaching new key tops. It has been suggested =
"it doesn't last" but I've had no problems to date and the first I did =
that way was about ten years agone. The "up side" is that you apply a =
thin coat to both sides for gluing, wait until "touch dry" and then =
press them together. You only have one chance at this, so alignment has =
to be accurate first time. This stuff is used to attach formica to a =
substrate in caravans and kitchen work surfaces.

  Regards

  Michael G.(UK)=20

  =20

-----