Weird Pitch Drop

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:55:16 -0500

You're right, and no way the bends are the same because I made the cap by
tracing natural string lines rather than even attempting to trace or
measure the old pin locations..

You may remember my posts with pictures of the horrible
badly-designed-side-bearing-mangled bridge. It was the one of which Joe
Garrett commented it was the worst he'd ever seen.

This is the beast. It's a MUCH happier piano tonight.

But you are right, I should have gone back and tapped and tweaked after the
first tuning to pitch. I never think to do that, except with new strings.
Sounds like I better warn the customer and make a brief visit when I'm in
the neighborhood, lest she think I don't know what I'm doing--as true as
that may be! Ha.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri