Lesson learned.....

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:31:29 -0500

I almost always wait now for 20-30 minutes before tipping the piano back
up. Since I've started doing this I never have any trouble. Of course I
always use less than 2 ounces as well. I've only encountered one piano
that needed more, and that only in a few spots.

If you pour the glue on excessively you are only asking for trouble.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe And Penny Goss [mailto:imatunr@srvinet.com]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 10:26 AM
To: deanmay@pianorebuilders.com; Pianotech
Subject: Re: Lesson learned.....

Hi Dean,
The hardest decision to make is wether to right the piano right away or
leave it over night.
A clue, is how much glue is being taken in in each pin hole.
A welling up and slight pooling tells me that the piano does not need
bed rest for a day.
Any pin or area that seems to not pool up is a warning not
to resurect the piano. Also if the piano has no string braid, it is best
to leave the piano prone.
Unless you use the kicker.
Be sure to have a small picking tool to clean out the glue under the
string against the termination point. The dampers will give you a clue
as to which ones need to be cleaned.
Joe Goss RPT