Tuning Pin Preferences

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 17:36:10 EDT

<< So, I need some input from all of you out in the field.  What are the
most common sizes and lengths you use?  Of 10 sets you use over any
period of time, how many #2, #3, etc, as well as lengths?   Are 2-1/4
pins actually used?    >>

Greetings,
      I use 1/0 pins, exclusively, for new blocks.  The Steinway length of 2
1/2" are too long for some, but the 2 1/4" seem to be too short for anything,
(except some of the older Mason & Hamlin with those really thin blocks).
      I don't have corrosion problems with blued pins, but use both them and
nickle plated ones equally.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT