Rippens

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:04:31 +0200

Hi Pierre

Yep... your regular suitcase piano ! :)  I aggree about the sound tho.
Suprisingly ok. In fact I would submit had Rippen refined the idea just
a little bit in the direction of quality and not bothered with trying to
make <<real>> pianos that employed some of the same ideas they might
have ended up with a different reputation.

I look forward to the pics.

Cheers
RicB

-----------------------

Hi Richard,

I've got a piano like you describe below.=20
The keybed is also mounted on hinges so it is possible to fold it down. =
With the keybed folded , it is only about 20 cm large. (the frame and =
the soundboard together measure only about 6 cm!!) It is also verry =
light and thus transportable.
The sound is not bad at all for such a strange and small instrument.
I'll probably sell it to a museum because like you said, the pinblock =
and all other parts are visible. The case can just be slide of and on =
the frame within a minute.

I'll send a few pictures tomorrow.

Pierre Gevaert
Belgium