Grotrian Steinweg - to list or not to list?

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:12:02 -0500

Michael,
It comes down to what you hear and like when you play the piano.  I
had a client with a "Viennese" white Kimble grand with no "listing"
cloth at all.  The back-scale was quite noisy, especially on the bass
bridge to no benefit of the tone.  We agreed to try damping it and it
was greatly improved.
If your piano is going to be in an intimate setting, you may be more
sensitive to the back-scale sound than otherwise.  I have another
client with a Knabe that had cloth throughout the back-scale.  Since
this is yours, experiment away and do report. ;-)

Andrew