key top cleaning

Dave McKibben davespianotuning@earthlink.net
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:00:42 -0700

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8
Well I'm not one to tell anyone on this list on what to do on anything, but I will share what I did recently that worked very well for me.
I was working on a piano for a friend of mine and the keys were awfully yellow and dirty and stained.
I tried a few things but what finally did work was:
Wet sanding with 600 grit paper and bleach.  Clean wiped with clear water rinsed sponge, and dried with a clean rag.
I'm not saying this is the best way, or the easiest, but it worked !  And this is before they are buffed with a buffing wheel.
See the attached pics.

Dave

Dave McKibben
Piano Tuning & Repair 858-776-2516