Don't you think as a Grotrian gets some age and the hammers get a little harder, that sound gets a little annoying...braid that baby...or at least try it.,I looked at those posts you listed...been awhile since Jim Coleman Sr. has posted...;-[,,David I.

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:01:49 +0200

Been wondering about ol Jim myself. He hasnt posted much since he came
down sick a couple three years back.

As for the Grotrian.  I'm with you. I prefer them with braided.
Actually wouldnt hesitate to mute off the front segments as well, at
least as far as the capo bar.  Tho you can go too far me thinks.  Tho it
all ends up being  a matter of what you want and how you are trying to
do it. You got Grotrians <<maxed out duplex idea>>, Bechsteins <<none at
all>> thinking, and a whole host inbetween doing more or less what
Steinway does.

Cheers
RicB