Grotrian Steinwegs - to list or not to list?

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:06:52 +0200

Hi Michael

I understood that to begin with. My initial comment was just went to the
Grotrian bit. I'd say braid your S&S. Interesting to hear you think the
unbraided sound is similiar to the Grotrian tho. That would indicate
much of the effect is attributible to the back scale and perhaps not so
much to the front ??  Just a thought.

Cheers
RicB

Actually, RicB, the question was not to do with listing the Grotrian, but to
do with whether, in the light of the similarity between that particular
Grotrian and my, as yet, un-listed Steinway, I should indeed use listing on
the S&S. Currently it has a big depth of sound for an 'A', and I'm tempted
to leave it unlisted (again like my telephone!) But first I'll let it settle
and get used. Indeed get someone else to play it and make comment.
Regards
Michael G.(UK)