Piano Tone Building

John Delmore jodel@kairos.net
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:32:11 -0500

Sounds good (I have a 1916 Brinkerhoff "lab" piano--state of the same art, I
guess)!! Sign me up.  Hardcover, softcover, doesn't matter--both have lasted
well for me.  Also, the advance sales/deposit sounds like a good idea.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Delwin D Fandrich
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:15 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Piano Tone Building

Not really. It's the minutes of a series of meetings, conferences, held in
Chicago and New York during the years 1916 and 1919. These meetings were
attended by leading figures from the piano industry of the time -- company
presidents, founders, builders and technicians. These meetings covered a
wide
range of piano design and manufacturing issues and the information in them
was
state-of-the-art -- during the years 1916 through 1919. There is quite a lot
of
discussion about string scales and, indeed, some modern manufacturers would
do
well to bring their products up to the standards discussed even back then,
but,
no, it is not a book on rescaling for better/more even tone.

Del