Piano Tone Building

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:26:07 -0700

Standard "perfect" binding is about 1/3 less than hardcover. But I'm not
convinced that this will stand up in a book of this size. That lead me to better
quality softcover types but those have to be printed in huge quantities to be
cost effective. At least from the presses I've found. I doubt I'll sell 50,000
(or even 10,000) copies in my lifetime.

So the realistic choice is between your basic perfect binding and hardcover.
That is why I'm leaning toward hardcover. The printer we're working with will
also split a run so some of each may be the best option.

Del