Piano recording

dknabe@airmail.net dknabe@airmail.net
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:22:16 -0500 (CDT)

Make sure you record at 44.1 kHz, 16 bits per sample minimum. Even with
medium quality mikes, you need that sample rate or better. Later, you can
reduce to MP3 at 160 kbps and have decent sound.

I use a pair of Earthworks QTC-1 omni directional mikes ($2000/pair) that
do an excellent job. Transient response is key, since this is a percussion
instrument.

Regards,
Doug Knabe
Dallas Chapter