Problem Replacing Treble String

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:47:39 -0600

Hi,
Make the becket first with a pair of pliers. If it is too long snip with =
wire cutters.
The trick is to make the first turn fast without thinking about it.
 Just a snap of the wrist.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Robert Finley=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:24 PM
  Subject: Problem Replacing Treble String

  I am having a problem replacing treble strings. The end of the wire =
always pops out of the hole in the tuning pin when I try to put the =
first turn on. I have tried using the coil lifter to hold the wire in =
place, but that didn't work. The diameter of the first turn always =
becomes too large, and I can't make a neat first turn, tight against the =
tuning pin. The result is that the end comes out of the hole in the pin. =
The wire is so stiff and springy. The wire needs to be held firrnly and =
tangential to the pin, but I am not sure how I can do this. Could anyone =
suggest how I could overcome this problem? Thank you very much.=20

  Robert Finley