[Files] Josef Grund

Pierre Gevaert pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:43:16 +0200

Hi,

This is a Vienese action. First of all be shure all hammers are resting =
on the rest rail. Then you should be able to pull the action out. This =
should be done carefully because afther having moved the action a little =
towards you, suddenly it will move faster downwards (to clear de hamers =
from the pinblock.) At this moment you should put some pressure on the =
front of the action so it doesn't fall down to hardly.=20
In fact the Vienese action has sliding surfaces so while sliding it out =
there is not only a horizontal movement but also a downwards movement. =
(or upwards when it is slide back in place)
I don't know what the pin on the second pic is for. Maybe just a pin to =
hold the action in place?

Hope it helps,

Pierre Gevaert

----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Phil Frankenberg=20
  To: files@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:06 AM
  Subject: [Files] Josef Grund

  Anyone know how to remove the action from this piano? The pin in the =
second photo is one of two that seem to hold a back check rail in place. =
If I can remove  that rail, I think the action will clear the pinblock. =
Before I risk breaking something , I'd like to hear from someone with =
experience. This is a Josef Grund, Wien.

  Thanks

  Phil Frankenberg
  CSUChico      =20
  Chico, Ca.