B 458198, string deflections

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:58:14 -0500

> The problems with the bridge deterioration that I for one attribute  to
> the extra side bearing is enough to keep me recommending against  such
> pianos. Add at least the possibility of undesirable soundboard  loading
> and I'm all the more ready to recommend against them.
>
> Kent

I'd tend to agree. Have them sent to me and I'll fix 'em.  <G>

Seriously though, solid sometimesnotthathard maple caps and purely
compression crowned boards are already at risk in an area that has
discernible seasons. I wouldn't get too worried about a little angle
deviation, but this one is pretty extreme.

Ron N