Chinese Pianos

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 07:46:50 -0500

I'm no lawyer but promoting a boycott of this nature sounds to this
layman like restraint of trade.  I hope that wasn't a board member who
made the suggestion!

=20

dp

=20

David M. Porritt

dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Joe Garrett
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:03 PM
To: pianotech
Subject: Chinese Pianos

=20

All,

I doubt that this will do one whit of good, but I've gotta say it
anyway. I completely REFUSE to work on Chinese Pianos. The Chinese are
inundating our society with all sorts of "cheap" products. The Corporate
types are buying into it. Hence, OUR work force is hard pressed to
compete on any level. For those clients that own Chinese Pianos, I
simply refer them elsewhere. I know that a large majority of technicians
refuse to work on Square Grands, why not the Chinese pianos? I consider
a Square Grand ten times easier to cope with than the Chinese POS's. I
refuse to be a party to undermining my own economy. If every technician
would do the same, a lot of those Chinese PSO's (actually it's a
compliment to call them such, IMO.), would wind up in the land fill,
where they belong....or, better yet, send them back to China and let
their people contend with them.

End of Rant. Thanks for letting me.<G>

Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.