Ecsaine - any ideas???

Jurgen Goering pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:32:53 -0700

I would be receiving raw material.  I could then supply either larger
pieces, cut strips or pre-cut backcheck pieces.  I can do the cutting,
and of course there is a cost involved in that.  That is not the
stumbling block.  The wholesale price to techs would be far below that
of  good quality of buckskin.

Thanks for you commitment of two sets, David.  Step right up, ladies
and gentlemen, two hundred and forty-nine of you...<G>

I'm heading out on my trip after tomorrow, hope to have some more news
in late October.
If anyone has an idea who may already be purchasing this material from
the manufacturer please let me know offline. Perhaps I can get some
from that source.  A few yards would get us started.  I really don't
need 60 yards, not this month, anyway.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info@pianofortesupply.com
http://www.pianofortesupply.com

On Sep 29, 2005, David Skolnik wrote:
-
> Jurgen-
> Just to clarify - when you say "backcheck sets", what are you
> describing?  In other words, would you be receiving the raw material
> and cutting it? Or sending us the material to cut ourselves? What are
> the dimensions?  If the material is as good as you, and others, have
> indicated, and assuming I can get it in a usable form, I would be
> willing to commit to ordering at least two "sets", price, of course,
> remaining a question.  I suspect you can put this thing together.
>
> David Skolnik
>

> At 09:36 PM 9/28/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>> I have good news and bad news on the Ecsaine front.  First the good
>> news:  from what I can tell by my (preliminary) tests, it seems to be
>> suited for use in pianos where buckskin has been traditionally used.
>> It even has some advantages over buckskin.  The other good news is
>> that they are willing to sell it to me, for a reasonable price.
>>
>> The bad news - you guessed it - is the minimum order size.  I am
>> still trying to negotiate this, but by the looks of it today, I would
>> have to sell about 500 grand backcheck sets before reaching the break
>> even point on my first order.  Let's see... maybe I can per-suede
>> (pun intended) the Queen to do some wallpapering in Buckingham
>> palace...
>>
>> Anyone else with an idea?  Looking for a business partner here,
>> preferably the owner of a mid-size piano factory <G>.
>>
>> I'll pursue the issue yet, but it doesn't look too good right now.
>> Feel free to contact me off line with any helpful suggestions.
>>
>> Jurgen Goering
>> Piano Forte Supply
>> www.pianofortesupply.com

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...