prospecting

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:56:57 -0500

Hi Greg,
I've seen that Creig list when I was job hunting some time back.  I know =
a realtor who wants a her piano tuned eventually. I'm having trouble =
getting an appointment from her.  I hae ads in a couple of places as =
well that I'm trying out with my mailings.  Thanks again, and I'll check =
that out.=20
Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Greg Newell=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:18 PM
  Subject: Re: prospecting

  Marshall,
          Ge it's been so long I really don't remember. I think it came =
out only once a month. A phone call placed to your Sunday paper might =
help. Failing that the registrar downtown might help. That's just one =
idea. There are usually a business or two in each larger town that makes =
a point of sending welcoming packages to new home owners in the area. =
Check with the realtors in your area too. You might also place a =
delicately worded advert in the paper. Something like "Now accepting new =
clients" or some such thing. Don't forget online stuff like =
www.craigslist.com. You can go to that page, click on your nearest large =
city, click on the category in which you'd like to place an ad and place =
it for free. Yes, that's right I said FREE!!! It's also a great place to =
sell pianos from too. I've even bought from there.=20

  best,
  Greg