Weighty tools

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sat, 04 Feb 2006 16:30:54 -0800

Debbie,

My kit weighs in the neighborhood of 50 lbs and I don't see it losing
weight soon. My case caries my 5 lb laptop and all tuning and frequently
used voicing, regulating and repairing tools. I'm reluctant to make a
trip out to the car to get a commonly used regulating tool, for
example.  Also, I never could justify adding to the bill just because
I'm making a second trip to the car. So I sometimes find myself not
making the adjustment if the tool, or a good substitute, is not at hand.
Thus I opt for the boy scout approach.

I look at it this way: I can pay to become a member of a health club or
I can save the cash and carry a 50 lb tool kit. It helps that the case
has wheels and a telescoping handle for the long-haul university jobs.

Tom Cole