Soundboard Resonces and the Wogram Article

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 08:16:45 +1100

While I agree that there are examples of recordings where the result
clearly does not reflect the character of the piano, there are also
others where the recording sounds very much like the source
instrument.

Often a recording team will saturate the tone beyond that coming from
the instrument, making it unrecognisable. However, it is also
possible to quite faithfully reproduce the character of the
instrument. Our recording objective was to reproduce the actual tonal
character of the instrument and we were quite pleased with the match
between the actual piano and the recording of Scott Davie's
Rachmaninoff Lilacs CD.

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY