tuning environment

Marcel Carey mcpiano@videotron.ca
Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:17:48 -0500

Hi Marshall,
=20
TuneLab is probably the least expensive program you can get to tune. The
nice thing about it is that it is a very light program (it does not need
a super fast processor). So, you can probably get a used laptop and run
it.=20
=20
Marcel Carey,
Sherbrooke, QC

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] De la
part de pianotune05@comcast.net
Envoy=E9 : 6 f=E9vrier 2006 08:11
=C0 : Pianotech List
Objet : Re: tuning environment

I know I'm not going out and buying and ETD right away, but I was
wondering what size font the print is. ie. 10 12 etc.  Since I use the
city bus system, the smaller ones woule be a better match for me ,but
depending on the print.  I can see the red light on the spinner pretty
well. Are they pretty much the same in price, tune lab, verituner etc.
I know the Acutuner III is in the neighborhood of 1700$=20
Marshall
=20

-------------- Original message --------------=20
From: Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@luther.edu>=20

> At 12:36 PM 2/6/2006 +0100, you wrote:=20
> > >...ETD that I can get a close look at. I want to see how bug the
numbers=20
> >are whether I can read them or not. I'd like to get one just so I can

> >raise pitch before tuning by ear.<=20
> >=20
> >Hi Marshall,=20
> >=20
> >Maybe someone there still uses the laptop version of RCT. I think
that as=20
> >the screen is pretty big, it wont be too difficult for you to see the

> >spinner, and you can put it in different colours which may help. It's

> >awesome for pitch raises.=20
>=20
>=20
> Guilty as charged...=20
>=20
> I have RCT on a new 14.5" screen Toshiba. (i.e. large print edition...
;-}=20
> ) Note: that's larger tha! n my home TV screen. If I ever buy a DVD,
I'll=20