SORRY! ( Was meant to be private. )

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:11:55 -0800 (PST)

Sorry---That was meant to be sent to Robin Hufford,
privately.

    Peace,

P.S. I DO accept the general superiority of
rib-crowned boards, but NO ONE has yet explained to me
why these four magnificent uprights I have
( 2 Knabes, 1 Ivers and Pond, 1 Packard ) with wide,
fat ribs, all allegedly "compression crowned" and, by
the general consensus here therefore "inferior", are
THE BEST OLD PIANOS I HAVE EVER HEARD, BEAUTIFULLY
PRESERVED, WARM, RICH, LOUD, FULL AND RESONANT!
      Were it just one, I could consider it an
anomaly. But since ANY of these four CLOBBERS the
hundreds of other pianos I have heard, tonally, I am
not yet satisfied with the condemnation their
construction style has reaped here.
     I'm no expert, but we're missing something, I'm
sure.