What's a fair price to charge for tuning a piano

Joseph Rosenberg josepharosenberg@yahoo.com
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:53:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm a relatively new tuner in the urban/suburban
Northeast. I would appreciate hearing from some of the
members of this fine group as to what is a fair price
to charge for a basic piano tuning.

FYI, I have heard from a number of piano tuners that
they felt that for the most part piano tuners
undercharge. Whe I facture that sales tax, car
expenses (tolls, gas, etc.) and travel time are
deducted from the gross fee, I do not see how I can
charge less than $100 for a basic tuning.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Joe Rosenberg