What's a fair price to charge for tuning a piano

Richard Gullion pianoguy@rogers.com
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:12:06 -0500 (EST)

My question hopefully will satisfy my curious mind. For those booked up for work 6 and 8 weeks in advance, how long did you work to get there. How many of you listers find yourselves in this enviable position. What is the average number of tunings per week.How many people are in your area, say within in an hours time. How many are churches and schools with 3 or 4 pianos being tuned multiple times per year. Its good to gain perspective. In my area newcomers last a year or so, and never heard of again.
  Actually that turned out to be more than one question.
  Thanks, in advance.

Phil Bondi <phil@philbondi.com> wrote:
  Joseph,

Ed Foote said:

> Do what you can to
>make your customers feel like they got their money's worth. Customers usually
>don't think in terms of dollars, but rather, what value they think they are
>receiving. Also remember that 90% of communication is non-verbal, so if you are
>confident that your price and the quality of your service are equal, your
>body language, tone of voice, and general bearing will put the customer at ease.

Well said Ed.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)