samick bridle tapes

Cy Shuster cy@shusterpiano.com
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:40:46 -0500

Remove the old strap.  Use a 6" long, 3/32" drill bit to make a new hole =
where the catcher dowel enters the butt.  You can do this with the =
action in the piano.  Make a strap inserter from a hammershank with a =
center pin inserted in its end, pointed end out.  Put a drop of glue on =
the end of the strap, grab the end with your tool, and poke it into the =
hole.

--Cy--
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Fortiner=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:33 PM
  Subject: samick bridle tapes

  I have to replace a set of bridle tapes on a Samick console.  The =
tapes were glued, not where the dowel goes into the hammer butt, but =
where the dowel enters the catcher.  Of course, there are no holes in =
the catchers so the cork variety is of no use in this application.  I =
HATE those clip variety of replacement tapes.  Does anyone out there =
have a brilliant idea as to how to make some sort of jig that would =
allow a person to glue a new set of plain tapes on the back of the =
catcher??

  Mice and pianos are a BAD combination....DAMHIK :-(

  John Fortiner
  Billings, MT