Poll : temperaments - choosing ? ( "stretched ? not stretched ?" part answered )

Avery avery1@houston.rr.com
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:39:59 -0600

Philippe,

Are you just learning to tune? If so, my advice is to FIRST just
learn to tune a good temperament with nicely progressing beat rates
on the 3rds & 6ths. Don't worry about a stretched temperament
(whatever that is)! Then worry about stretch as you go out from the
temperament! JMHO! It worked for me for 25+ yrs. :-) Even before I
started using an ETD.

Avery