Soundboard animation

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:28:46 +0100

Hi Bernhard

I would certainly like to see more animations if you could make those
available.  For different input frequencies and longer sustain for
sure.  I'm suprised no one has jumped in yet and commented on the
vibrational characteristics displayed.  I found it interesting to watch
the wave development evident in the right side illustration. Struck me
as quite similar to string vibration really... appears like a traveling
wave starts off and turns into more or less a kind of standing wave
action real quick.  It brought to mind some thoughts about the
discussion we had a few years back on how the internal longitudinal wave
action in the panel works together (or not) with the transverse wave
action visable.

If you can set up more animations... please do so.

Cheers
RicB

------

If there is interest, i could show more of that animations with longer
sustain and more tones on different soundboard locations or even with
different soundboard shape (with /without cutoff bar, other rib dimensions,
other soundboard thickness, wood grain orientation etc.) at a higher
resolution  with a beamer on a convention.

regards,

Bernhard