A New Way To Move Pianos

lori@coloradopianos.com lori@coloradopianos.com
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:45:05 -0700

A client of mine just sent this email to me.  Please keep in mind that
we live in the middle of a ski resort.  :)

"First of all, I apologize if there are certain "protocols" that you
take when moving a piano that I may have skipped. Being a "piano
person" this story may make you CRINGE!

A friend of mine is getting ready to buy the old Rebeccah Lodge in
Dillon.  This piano was in the meeting room on the second floor. The
previous owners did not want to move the piano and the new owner did
not want it. So I "volunteered" to take it... The deal was that I had
to move it out of the second floor.

So earlier today, a friend and I made skis out of 2X4's to slide the
piano down a narrow staircase. We used an ATV winch and a nylon strap
to lower it down 22 stairs. At the bottom we pushed it into my enclosed
trailer and to my home it went! I just got it out of the trailer and it
is sitting in my garage. Tomorrow it will move in to my living room!"

Lori Schneider, Owner
Schneider Piano Service

(970) 418-0242
PO Box 5931